Terragen RPC API - Terratile

Started by digitalguru, November 19, 2022, 01:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalguru

I updated my Terratile app to work with the new RPC API.

Terratile assembles tiled output from Gaea and World Machine and automatically creates the tiled group setup in Terragen. No more clip files!

I'll release this as a free app at some point, but the RPC is in early beta at the moment and some code might change with RPC updates.
It connects heightfields directly to the Compute Terrain and color tiles to a selected Surface layer. I'd like to make that a bit more flexible, but as it stands it works well, check out the the YouTube video.

If you would like to test this, PM me and I'll send you a copy.

If you also like the idea of this but have another app that tiles to include (World Creator?) PM me! If you can send me a sample tiled output I can work out how to integrate it into the app.

Dune

That looks extremely cool and efficient. I'm sure it'll be most welcome! It's a pity I never use heightfields :P

digitalguru

Quote from: Dune on November 20, 2022, 02:45:48 AMThat looks extremely cool and efficient. I'm sure it'll be most welcome! It's a pity I never use heightfields :P
Thanks, plenty more applications for the API. What would use useful to you?

Dune

Thanks for asking, but I doubt if I can think of any use for me. My work is basically nodebased displacements, colors, masks and pops, sometimes imported RGB masks, and I always build everything from scratch. So, no tiling. I'll keep it in mind though.

Hannes

brownBowl

KlausK

I guess I need the latest TG version for this to try?
Or does it also work with 4.5.71 ?

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

digitalguru

Quote from: KlausK on November 25, 2022, 12:57:46 PMI guess I need the latest TG version for this to try?
Yes, it will only work with TG 4.6.31 or later.
If you get that version PM me and I'll send you a copy :)

KlausK

Thanks for the offer but I won`t be updating my version in the near future.

Cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)