Feature Request: x-slope and z-slope ***EDITED***

Started by sonshine777, December 31, 2007, 02:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Would it be possible to show the slope in the x direction and the slope in the z direction rather than a general slope. It would help in the placement of models that need to sit on a hillside ie... a sled or cart. While the slope information is helpful, knowing the amount that the terrain is sloping in both the x and z directions independently would help in the accurate placement of models.

Here is an image of what I was thinking about.

dhavalmistry

I agree....object placement is terrible in TG2 right now....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

sonshine777

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

reck

Quote from: dhavalmistry on January 03, 2008, 10:54:18 AM
how did you get that to show up??....

Probably Photoshop.

Would a sit on terrain option for single objects negate the need for this information or would it still be needed? I only ask because I seem to remember someone saying that in future they hope to add a sit on terrain option for single objects.

sonshine777

Quote from: reck on January 03, 2008, 11:03:16 AM
Quote from: dhavalmistry on January 03, 2008, 10:54:18 AM
how did you get that to show up??....

Probably Photoshop.

Would a sit on terrain option for single objects negate the need for this information or would it still be needed? I only ask because I seem to remember someone saying that in future they hope to add a sit on terrain option for single objects.

dhavalmistry: Yes it was done with Gimp 2.0

reck: I remember that thread but didn't come away with the feeling that it was going to happen soon. So I figured that this would be a simple interim solution.