Terragen 4 is now a valid AI modifier...

Started by WAS, November 30, 2022, 04:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

In Stable Diffusion v2.0, which sheds a lot of artists and such (which actually makes it hard to draw upon certain styles), now has Terragen 4 indexed. So something like "Terragen 4 Render" can be used as a modifier for sprawling scenes based on the common TG look.

Here are some examples. These were diffused with just "Terragen 4 Render" as the prompt.

You can try Stable Diffusion v2.0 free at: https://huggingface.co/spaces/stabilityai/stable-diffusion or install it locally if you have a CUDA device.

WAS

Here is the kicker, can you spot any aspects of these images as your own? Older Stable Diffusion had a tendency to borrow composition from art, and blend it with new styles, so often, you could spot bits of artists work incorporated sometimes. With these renders, I have yet to spot anything I identify from anyones work here exactly. It seems to borrow the style of TG4 materials and lighting, but things seem uniquely composed.

Hannes

WAS

Haha number 4 has a copyright, that suspisciously looks like Rene's, but the scene itself doesn't.

René

Nevertheless, I still want compensation for Copyright Infringement!  ;D ;)

WAS

The new proposed laws and stuff, and many datasets going Research Only means Stability.AI has to look for sources without licenses and such to scrape. TG forums don't have any privacy policy about downloading and storing images created here. All it says is we own our content and posts, but no stipulations regarding it, so it's usual fair use clause.

Dune

Perhaps Staff should stipulate such, though I doubt if any scraper would respects such policy.