Light Source Output

Started by dhavalmistry, December 31, 2007, 09:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I have literally created every node available in TG2 and tried connecting "Light source output" to it and it just doesnt connect with anything....

why does a light source have an out put and what does it connect to???....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Virex

What does a light source put out anyway? Knowing that would go a long way to understanding what hooks up to it.

rcallicotte

I think this might be a case of an output node used for testing and no use to the user.  Or not?  LOL  I don't know.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

DeathTwister

Good question,

Maybe for exporting out to LW? I think they export cameras, lighting and mesh layers, but have not tried yet to see exactly what it does do.  So a Very good question my brother, I don't have a clue either lol.
I have not gotten any light source to work right yet other then the sun or add a new sun, no lighting has worked for me yet, but have not really had the time to explore that further yet, been playing in other areas.

DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

Virex

Lights work nicely for me. Just remember to twitch up the power untill you see something happen  ;)

cyphyr

As far as I can see every node has an output even though some of them are never used. I think this is due all nodes having the same basic modular architecture as a starting point for their design when they are being designed. As Terragen evolves in the future these "spare" nodal features may come into play.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

DeathTwister

Oh cool, I probably did not take them up far enough then, thanks for the tip, I'll try it.

DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

Oshyan

Quote from: cyphyr on January 01, 2008, 09:48:32 AM
As far as I can see every node has an output even though some of them are never used. I think this is due all nodes having the same basic modular architecture as a starting point for their design when they are being designed. As Terragen evolves in the future these "spare" nodal features may come into play.
Richard

Bingo. :)

- Oshyan