Twister

Started by Dune, December 27, 2022, 02:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

And another experiment, one-cloud twister. Veeeery slow, so not my favorite experiment. A normal scene with some ordinary not too high cloud this size would maybe take 15minutes, this took almost 2 hours. I guess complicated cloud makes it hard to calculate, and it's not even v3. I would have thought once the cloud is shaped, calculation would be sort of the same as a 'standard' cloud of same height/thickness, but I guess it works differently.

It's far from perfect by the way, just a proof of principle. And the twister more looks like a sudden enormous downpour because of the added fractal warp, which works in vertical way only due to its place in the node series. I think there must be another way to get a little XYZ variation in that thing.

Hannes

Not bad. I think, it's a start. I like the landscape and the lighting very much.

masonspappy

Very nice. You'd also need a debris cloud at the base of the twister for added realism.

And maybe a few flying cows....

zaxxon

Flying cows definitely, and maybe a flying Fuel Truck as well!  Nice experiment and landscape as well. although I don't know if a 'funnel cloud' can form in such a  semi-mountainous terrain.😉  I have stormy gray weather outside my window as I write; hoping the electricity stays on, lot's of computing to do in the last of 2022! 

Dune

Okay, so I dumped the landscape and made it a desert, more appropriate for such winds indeed. WIP in B&W, as the sky wasn't very nice (made the blue sky black to be able to leave out another cloud level). Another one is cooking, as this desert sucks.

Hannes

masonspappy

That is quite an improvement!

Dune

Thanks guys. Here's another one. It's basically 2 clouds, one for the dark stuff and one for the lower funnel and the dust whirling around (latter just colored differently thru diirect light input).

Hannes

pclavett

Dune

One more then, just some different seeds and no railway.

masonspappy

That is *really* impressive!