SpaceStation

Started by Hannes, January 11, 2023, 02:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Nothing really dramatic is happening here. I did a little kitbashing with some space station models I have, and tried to make a somehow realistic looking space scene. The planet and the station were rendered separately to have more control. Actually the planet background is a still image I moved in After effects using more or less the correct (camera-) movement you would see, if the planet was in the scene.

Dune

Cool, and realistic. The positive is that such scenes render fast without atmo or complicated reflections.

Hannes

That's true. Thanks, Ulco!! Actually the station itself took about 50 hours to render, but that's OK I think. 200 frames rendered Full HD with the path tracer.

Dune

Ouch, that's longer than I would have imagined.

Hannes

Actually there are some metallic surfaces with reflections, so I guess this leads to longer rendertimes. 

Dune

sboerner

Amazingly detailed model. Never would have guessed these were two separate shots -- beautiful.

Hannes

WAS

This is great! Definitely captures that brooding structure moving through space look.

Hannes

masonspappy

Don't know how I missed this but it's a beauty!

Hannes

Jo Kariboo

Very good animation quality. I like the movement of the space station and particularly that of the camera which adds dynamism and a graphic quality to the whole.

Hannes

Thanks! Much appreciated! :)

Dune

Why is Jo's text white? Looks a bit funny.