BUGS: Clouds will not appear in my atmosphere

Started by westergard, January 31, 2023, 01:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westergard

Hello there,

i have a bug i can't solve in Terragen 4.  When i start a new project, i can work the clouds the way i want with absolutely no problems.

But in a particular project, i can add mid-level or low-level layer clouds, but they won't show in my 3d preview nor in my render.  Only the high altitude cirro-cumulus will show in my render or 3d preview.  Any setting or checkbox i clicked by error that might solve my bug.  It is a project on which i have put a couple of hours so i'd prefer not to start from scratch.

Thanks for your help

Sebastien

Kevin Kipper

Hi Sebastien,

For each cloud layer, make sure "Enable" is checked.  When it's not checked, the cloud layer will not show up in the 3D Preview or render.  Also, make sure "Enable primary" and "Enable secondary" is checked.  These settings allow you to hide a given cloud layer but still affect in the scene.  

Please see any of the  cloud layer online documentation for more information on these settings.  Here's the online docs for Easy Clouds: https://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Easy_Cloud

You can also upload your project file and we're happy to take a look at it.

Dune

If they are v3 clouds, they may also be located out of view, if your scene is situated more than 50k from the 0/0/0 default area.