Extravehicular mobility

Started by Hannes, February 10, 2023, 04:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Obviously I'm still in space.
Actually this started as a test scene for the ISS model modifications I am still doing. I remodeled some more objects of this thing and reworked some others to get more details. I also created some bump maps for the metal parts in Photoshop. As I already wrote this object had no textures and UV mapping at all, when I downloaded it years ago. So I have to admit, that it has become some sort of obsession to improve it more and more each time I take a look at this model (especially after I had watched "Gravity" again recently).
This time with some stars just because it looks kind of cool.

Dune

Space suits you! Details are terrific. What else can I say? Top stuff.

Hannes

Thanks a lot, Ulco!! "Space suits you" ;D ;D ;D

Dune

KlausK

The model is getting better and better!
Some notes:
I find the viewpoint and the focal length not too convincing this time.
To me the Space Station somehow looks too small compared to the astronaut.
As if the the perspective is too flat, if that makes sense.
Another thing is the second astronaut in the same pose.

Cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Hannes

Quote from: KlausK on February 10, 2023, 01:21:21 PMThe model is getting better and better!
Some notes:
I find the viewpoint and the focal length not too convincing this time.
To me the Space Station somehow looks too small compared to the astronaut.
As if the the perspective is too flat, if that makes sense.
Another thing is the second astronaut in the same pose.

Cheers, Klaus

Thanks a lot, Klaus. As far as I know, the astronauts have the correct size, but I may be wrong. I'll check that.
And yes, it's the same pose. As I wrote, initially this was meant as a test, but I thought, I'll post it, since it's not too busy here at the moment... :(
I'm planning to run the guy through Mixamo.

masonspappy

You're making great progress! Keep it up!

Dune

You can also just flip one guy on X or Z (size=-1) and flip the normals as well.

Hannes

Thanks guys!!
Ulco, I don't think, that would help much, since the guy's pose is more or less symmetrical. I'm still playing with the station, and when I need to do something else, I'll pose the astronaut.

Hannes

I replaced and reworked some more things and created a lot of detailed maps especially for the metal parts. I think, I'm done with it for now. No astronauts this time.

Dune

No more praise words left, sorry. Well, let's repeat this one: awesome detail, and the metals look really good!

Hannes

KlausK

Quote from: Dune on February 14, 2023, 09:59:30 AMNo more praise words left, sorry. Well, let's repeat this one: awesome detail, and the metals look really good!
Same here :o That view is much more to my liking than the first one. Real sense of being so small in in the vast dark universe...

CHeers, Klaus

/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Hannes

masonspappy

Quote from: Hannes on February 14, 2023, 09:54:49 AMI replaced and reworked some more things and created a lot of detailed maps especially for the metal parts.
That's some beautiful detail!