My First Shot

Started by WinterLight, February 12, 2023, 01:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WinterLight

My first Terragen render. I'm still pretty early in the learning curve, but you have to start somewhere :)

Dune

Well, for a first render it's not bad at all. Nice stones, really nice light! You'll find that a lot can be learned from older posts and doing some experimenting, so I'm curious what you produce later on.

Hannes

Wow, indeed a very good start! I like the lighting as well. Maybe the scale is a bit off.

masonspappy

Looks like you've gotten a good start.

WinterLight

I'm going to keep improving. TerraTuts has been very helpful in getting started :)

I do wish that Terragen had a GPU accelerated option though... it's the slowest renderer I have at the moment, but also the easiest one to make landscapes with, since it's so realistic.

Dune

You're not the first to mention this, and staff is working on it, but have their priorities...
I wish for a faster GPU renderer too.

mhaze

WinterLight

WinterLight

Quote from: Dune on February 13, 2023, 06:43:36 AMYou're not the first to mention this, and staff is working on it, but have their priorities...
I wish for a faster GPU renderer too.

On the bright side, in the meantime it delivers... Cycles GPU is insanely fast, but it also tries to pre-generate the entire geometry dataset including micropolygons which runs it out of GPU memory with large environments that Terragen handles flawlessly. But I still wish it could take advantage of my beefy GPU.