The Three Brothers Peak

Started by BroBpony, February 14, 2023, 07:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BroBpony

World Creator used for the base and imported into Gaea for coloring, snow, and creating a tree map.
Rendered In Terragen and post was done with Darktable. Used the Forester addon for Cinema 4D to create the trees and rocks with the grass from Grasswald.

8 hour render using the path tracer.

Doug

the mountains look like a photograph

the bottom half needs work to look more realistic

but your mountains are awesome

BroBpony

Quote from: Doug on February 14, 2023, 08:31:43 PMthe mountains look like a photograph

the bottom half needs work to look more realistic

but your mountains are awesome
thanks!

yeah the bottom could be better definitely. I think I should've also removed that middle pile, the lack of texture detail would be less prominent.
I might do some edit to add a rock texture to there.

Hannes

Beautiful!! I like it very much! You could add some more texture variation to the middle pile or maybe put a population of bushes onto it. Just a thought...

Dune

Yeah, the mountains are great, and the clouds are awesome, very realistic. I would have cancelled out that front rock too; just add a soft simple shape and smooth in a surface shader (and adjust by offset) that area. I would probably also lower the camera so you have more sense of depth with some trees at front, but still see the mountains  and those great clouds.

BroBpony

Got another render applying the feedback. Something is weird with the rocks so I'm going to try and fix that, also see about reducing noise at render time. (Im denoising in post here).

Doug

good job

water can make things look better and is easier sometimes

BroBpony

Quote from: Doug on February 19, 2023, 06:17:21 PMgood job

water can make things look better and is easier sometimes
thanks!

yeah water is nice, especially to fill in large areas or give nice reflections.