streams, people and a rockscape redone

Started by Dune, February 15, 2023, 08:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Just some of my recent renders in reduced size. And an oldie reclad with a pteranodon and some prehistoric greens (no scientific reality in this one whatsoever!).

Hannes

Beautiful!! I really like those prehistoric landscapes!! Not sure about the terrain with the pteranodon. Looks a bit flat to my taste.
But I love the other two images. Great vegetation and lighting, and the characters are fantastic (quite clean though. A little dirt might look nice, I guess...). And the lady in the last image seems to enjoy the water. ;) ...and maybe the company of this young guy...

sboerner

Beautiful! The vegetation is stunning, particularly in the third one.

Dune

Thanks guys. I know, the Pteranodon scene is a bit simplistic. Very quickly done, just for the light actually.
I spent quite some time lately to make quite accurate herbs and grasses, and in these kind of renders it pays off. Dirt on the guy? And he just spent hours at his little stream washing himself  :P  But I do often add dirt on them, maybe he is too clean indeed. The lady is based on Saskia in her stream (Rembrandt).

KlausK

Beautiful vegetation! Me2 likes the 3rd picture especially.

On a side note:
Now a version based on women of Vermeer ;) I guess you are going to see the exhibition?
I really would love to see this once-in-a-lifetime show, but does not look like I am going to make it...

CHeers, Klaus

/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Yes, Vermeer's light and color is beautiful too. Who knows, I might....

Hannes

In 2020 we stood in front of the Mauritshuis in Den Haag (to see The girl with the pearl earring) on our last day of our vacation, and they told us, we would have had to make an online appointment. No chance for this day... So close... :(

Dune

Too bad! Yes, that's how it goes these days. You get (well, buy) a time slot. I don't like it, but it can't be done otherwise.

Btw. here's another one I'm working on (Hunters crossing shallow lake). Saw this scene in real life the other day with the empty expanse of very dark shallow water and the sandy islands and wanted to mimic that. Trees will be replaced by deciduous, etc.

Hannes

Wow, fantastic!!!! To me it looks almost perfect. Maybe some repetition in the trees is noticeable, but you wrote, you'd add some others.
This is one of the scenes where you can dive in and rest a while.

Dune

Thanks, Hannes. At first I thought it would be too simple with only the large dark expanse of water. I have the tendency to put too much assets into a scene (like some wood debris at front, or whatever), so it might be alright like this.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on February 18, 2023, 05:50:41 AMI have the tendency to put too much assets into a scene
...sounds familiar to me... ;)

Seriously, I really like the simplicity (not sure if this describes what I mean). Maybe the clarity as a better description. However, it's fantastic!