Adventure 1

Started by schmeerlap, February 18, 2023, 05:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schmeerlap

The Piper airplane is a freebie from Turbosquid, thanks to Lucas_PL.
I made the sphinx head in Blender and bunged it on a Gaea heightmap.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Hannes

Nice models and a nice landscape, but although I'm a big fan of symmetry. I think a little less would make your image more excting. A little rotation of the camera, a little plane's roll, pitch and/or yaw, whatever...

Doug

i like your idea
what are the things on the ground in front?

schmeerlap

Hannes: Thanks. hmm, to symmetrize or not to symmetrize, that's the question. You're right and I know where you're coming from. And to be fair in a last minute decision to asymmetrize I instructed the pilot to bank right to circle round the head. However I received no response, the clot either ignored me or his radio had failed. And so on he flew according to the predetermined straight and narrow flight plan. And why do I get the feeling that you're not buying that shaggy dog story?
Doug: Thanks.  hmm, probably the best and safest description of what that is (in front of the Sphinx) is an exercise for your imagination. Here's my take: it's a ceremonial site of ritualistic worship to the great Feline god Felixavi. Worshippers would stand on symmetrical (there's that word again) raised ridges in the shape of cat excretions and chant sacred mantras facing the central altar (which you'll have noticed has now sadly collapsed into a heap of rubble). If the God was pleased with their efforts the sphinx would smile his low poly smile, and harvests and general fertility would be prosperous for the forthcoming year. And like Hannes, you're not buying any of that verbal dior___ (can never spell that word) garbage.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Hannes