A visit

Started by Hannes, February 22, 2023, 02:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

...and now for something completely different... ;)
Actually I found an image somewhere which inspired me. And guess what: It has nothing in common with this image here. Happens a lot of time. You have an idea, start to work on it, and in the end you have something totally different. Well, the good thing is, you can still use the initial image as an inspiration.
(Btw, the ISS is 408km up in the sky)

masonspappy

I vacillated about whether the foreground should be lighter, but decided it looks fine as-is.
Also a tad depressing....

Hannes

Thank you!!! I guess, it's even more depressing for the person who has to clean the shoes of this guy later... ;)

Dune

Wow, great mood! Depressing, yes, but also very fascinating where this guy is heading. Interesting building!! I'd like to take a look there....

Hannes

Thanks a lot, Ulco! I have to admit, that it's three times the same building (Sketchfab photogrammetry stuff) at different angles.

Dune

schmeerlap

Wonderfully atmospheric twilight scene. Definitely a Bundesliga 1 render. Maybe the only thing missing is some footprints left in the mud.
By the way: the dark clad gent is a tax collector. When the butler (a one time champion bare knuckle pugilist) finally responded to his persistent tugging of the bellpull rope he made a disapproving scowl
at the man's mud-clad footwear, asked him if he had an appointment, and when our man's answer was in the negative the heavy oak door was emphatically slammed in his now sheepish face. He returned home in a fug of despondence where he had to clean his own shoes because his wife had divorced him several years ago for he was such a miserable, spineless specimen.
By the way (again) is your dark clad chappie a 2d figure or 3d ?
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Hannes

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks so much for the story!!!! Makes sense now... ;)

Well, there are footprints. Unfortunately they aren't really noticeable. And the guy is really 3D. One of those I used in my "Whitechapel" image.

Dune

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  From now on we never have to tell our own stories anymore, we have a Maighstir Seanchaidh here!

schmeerlap

:o :o :o :o    Whoa there, you're far too well read Ulco. I'm impressed that you're familiar with the Scottish poet and satirist Alasdair Mac Mhaighstir Alasdair.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Dune

Too much praise, just google translate ;)

mhaze

Wow! Great mysterious and ominous atmosphere. Excellent narrative ther is a wonderful sense that something is about to happen.

Hannes

Thanks a lot, Mick!!

sboerner

Spectacularly dark and intriguing image. Would have made a terrific double-LP inside cover back in the day. Wonderful work, Hannes.

Hannes

Thank you, Steve. :)
I have to say, that I'm not that much of a vinyl enthusiast, but I really loved sitting there listening to records and exploring the covers (at least some of them ;) ).