Stuff

Started by Doug, February 24, 2023, 08:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

I am making the Radio myself in Imagine, Bryce7.1 and Hexagon.
A few more parts to go.
The MoaHead and Plant are free off the net, found a good PBR's for them.
The Plant is only a jpeg for the green, i used a concrete looking jpeg i found for the roughness and displacement.

Hannes

;D ;D ;D  Cool!
Maybe make the radio a little more metallic. Looks a bit plasticky (is that a word??)

Doug

Thank You

Metaller like this?

im using your chrome.tgc, trying to turn down the reflection just right, into a default shader with the color selected from a grey png

Doug

Doug

this one

masonspappy

I had to grin at this one.  I'm sitting at my desk and listening to shortwave, local police and firecalls.  I use to have shortwave radios and police scanners, but now only have 2 RTL-SDR "dongles" which turn my computer into a shortwave receiver and police scanner. And each dongle costs about $20 USD.

Doug

I have 1 of those RTL-SDR's. Did you buy the VHF and UHF antennas? I also bought a Ham-it-Up, you can listen to HF.

masonspappy

Quote from: Doug on February 25, 2023, 08:46:51 AMI have 1 of those RTL-SDR's. Did you buy the VHF and UHF antennas? I also bought a Ham-it-Up, you can listen to HF.
I bought 2 "kits", each containing 1 dongle (RTL-SDR Blog)  and collapsible antenna. But my go-to antenna is a 60 foot wire hanging out my window.  By setting the sampling mode to direct sampling/Q branch I can pull in .5 khz to 30 Mhz.  Also downloaded and activated SDRTrunk, which allows me to pick up trunked radio calls of police/fire/ems in 800 Mhz range.  I admit I'm a geek.....

Doug

adding more Stuff
adding the Planets to the Orary

schmeerlap

All it needs now is a jar of Marmite on top of the radio for me to feel at home.  :D
Ok you guys fess up, which of you are Marmite haters?   ;D ;D ;D

Nice to know Hexagon is still being used. I used to love messing around with the DTE in Bryce.

I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Doug

I had to look up Marmite.
I'm a hater and never had it.
yuck
You're banned, wash your mouth out with soap.