Prey ahead

Started by Dune, March 05, 2023, 06:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Quite an ordinary landscape I'm working on, so WIP. Rock consists of 3 cubes, the cougar are from DAZ, sky is just v2.

Stormlord

A very natural looking Image near photo quality, TOP JOB !

STORMLORD

Hannes

Wow, great!!!! Maybe the grass clumps are a little bit too perfect. They look absolutely fantastic, but they could be a little bit irregular to my taste.
And the rocks are gorgeous. I love the lichen.

zaxxon

Very, very nice! The DAZ Cougars are well posed in natural motions, good job with that!  The rocks are good, but I think the texturing could be be a bit more detailed: the lichen is excellent however.  This is a wonderful scene and it would be great to see more like it!

Doug

amazingly real

except for the lichen, i think its to painty looking
needs some texture or displacement

Dune

Thanks guys. I'll have another go at it. I was a bit lazy and just planted 3 grasses or so. A shrub may be nice as well, or a stand of trees somewhere. I may make another rock surface too.

Lichen is pretty painterly, btw. like drops of paint. And the displacement is in millimeters, so hard to see on this scale. But perhaps a bit more vague and dispersed small 'lichen ruble' may be in order.

KlausK

Beautiful overall, the colours, skies and animals.

Except for - if I may - the foreground.

I`d say it is taking away from the boulders and the background.
When I cover the foreground stones and only leave a little bit of the grass clumps in the front
I find the composition is "making more sense" (stimmiger), if that makes sense.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Thank you, Klaus. Too late ;)  I'm rendering a last one now, but with even more grass (and flowers) instead of less. I see your point, but I wanted to stretch the far grasses also to the front, and not have a bare ground with a few grasses. The latter can indeed be nice, but then I'd have to cover midway by some larger bare rocky ground too.

I did make it a bit 'stimmiger' with some localized cloud shadows, but not the dark overall cloud.

Dune

Okay, here it is. I did a version at AA=8, but I doubt if there's much difference with AA=6. Took twice as long though.

I also made a small crooked fir to nestle itself in the lee of this rock.

Hannes

Great! The foreground looks better now. The grass clumps still look a bit planted in a row, but I guess such things happen. The rock is gorgeous, and the animals of course as well.
Indeed not much difference between AA 6 and 8.

Doug

the lichen looks better, more licheny

masonspappy

Better! I'm really lichen it. ;D

Hannes

Dune

KlausK

Oh yeah, that`s "stimmiger"

Cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)