Laszlo's Haiku

Started by schmeerlap, March 10, 2023, 11:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schmeerlap

Once again thanks to Lucas_PL for the plane. Gaea used to generate the outcrop. I'm not sure whether the plant pop adds to or detracts from the scene (from this distance it could be a colony of roosting birds).
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Dune

It doesn't really matter what it is, birds or plants, but it adds something. It's a great terrain, and especially with the intriguing haiku, it gets mysterious. Like!

masonspappy

Was the outcropping created from a stylized skull image?

schmeerlap

Quote from: masonspappy on March 11, 2023, 11:02:10 AMWas the outcropping created from a stylized skull image?

No, just a happy accident that it may seem so. Although I've been viewing many stylised skulls in Midjourney, so maybe I was being directed by my subconscious.  :)
Thanks for the likes guys.
Now all you guys need to do is start googling to discover the film that is referenced here.  ;)

Dune

Just found some Laszlo skincare stuff ???

Hannes

KlausK

I did not google, because I have no idea what to search for...but let me say
that when I first saw that picture I was somehow reminded of "The English Patient".

I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with that move but the impression the pic creates in the back of my head was just that.

Maybe a little hint to get closer?

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

schmeerlap

Quote from: KlausK on March 13, 2023, 05:24:58 AMMaybe a little hint to get closer?

CHeers, Klaus

You don't need another hint.  :) Very good, Klaus, you win a cookie, to paraphrase Crapgame in Kelly's Heroes. All the more impressive you nailed it without having to Google.
That film (English Patient) has always haunted me. I picture the horribly burnt Laszlo lying in his hospital bed at night returning in his dreams to that flight attempting to get to Katharine and finding her still alive, but never does so.

KlausK

Well, I'd say you win a cookie because you managed to trigger my subconscious memories.
After all, it's been a very long time since I watched the movie. ;)

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)