I have the keys, Clarice!

Started by Hannes, March 19, 2023, 05:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

I recently found a photogrammetry scan of Hannibal Lecter on Sketchfab. The quality is very low (see attached image), but it gave me some inspiration for something new. So I worked on the model, mainly on the textures and projected a better texture with an image of A. H. as Hannibal onto his head.
Then I wanted of course to have him inside a scene, so I decided, that it's time to build something from scratch. I tried to rebuild the whole prison environment using a lot of reference images. Unfortunately there are images from "Silence of the lambs", some other ones from "Red Dragon", which are somehow different, and also some pictures of some sort of an exibition, where they rebuilt the scene, which look a bit different again. I decided to stick to "Silence of the lambs".
There are some objects I downloaded and edited to fit in this scene, such as the radiators, the moths, the locks, the chair, and of course the Doctor himself. But the rest is made by me during the last week.
There are also some items in Lecter's cell I collected (again mostly from Sketchfab), but they aren't visible from that perspective. I'll make another one that shows the cell later.

Of course I took the freedom to make Mr. Lecter escape from the cell for this picture, but in my cell scene he will be inside again.

Dune

Great scene and lighting! From this distance Mr. Lecter looks just fine!

Hannes

Mahnmut

Its amazing how scary he looks standing there like a- Schoolboy? Salesperson? Puppet? Cannibal?
Cheers,
J

Hannes

Thank you!!
Yes, I think, the way Anthony Hopkins just stands there like that is so creepy. In my opinion no other actor (and there was a lot of initial first choices, Sean Connery for example, who was the only one who turned it down immediately) could have made this role so iconic.
Same for Jodie Foster.

schmeerlap

Great scene, especially the lighting which is very effective. A CGSociety quality render.
I would rip out those radiators and let the carnivorous sod freeze (trying to fool us all with that butter-wouldn't-melt-in-his-mouth, aren't-I-such-a-pleasant-looking-chap countenance.) pah! (trying my French out there)  ;D ;D ;D
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Hannes

;D ;D ;D ;D
Actually I only put these rediators in, because in the original scene there were some. But actually they don't look as if they were really effective.

Hannes

A view in the other direction. Shortly, before multiple Miggs does inappropriate things... ;)

Dune

;D  The lighting is really superb. What kind of radiator is that, actually; it looks a bit 'organic'. Shouldn't it be metal-like, aluminium or cast iron or something?

Hannes

Thanks, Ulco! Actually they seem to be painted (decades ago?) radiators, that are just dirty as hell. See attached screenshot.

Dune

Ah, I see. Well, they look cool anyway!

masonspappy

Those radiators look surprisingly like the crappy old radiators in my daughter's crappy old apartment

Hannes

Quote from: masonspappy on March 24, 2023, 08:08:10 PMThose radiators look surprisingly like the crappy old radiators in my daughter's crappy old apartment
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

pixelpusher636

Fantastic Hannes!! I love where this is headed, and such a great movie with the added bonus of Jodie Foster. :o
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Hannes

Thank you, Jay!!! Indeed also one of my favourites.