Lecter's cell

Started by Hannes, March 22, 2023, 05:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

An animation based on my other thread:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,30477.0.html
After I had finished the rendering I noticed I had forgotten an important thing: the hatch where Clarice passes the files through >:(.  For the model, I am going to use for another still image, I added it in the meantime, noticing, that the cell is a bit too large now. I may take a break from this, I guess... ;)

However I rendered this in 800 X 450 px, and it was terribly noisy. I played with the pixel noise threshold, but since it took up to more than half an hour for one frame to render, I decided to accept the noise.
I then upscaled it with Topz Labs Video AI to Full HD, which resulted in a 15MB clip. Not too many animators here, but since we still have the good (?) old 5MB file size restriction, which is OK for still images, I reduced the resolution back to 800 X 450 px and timestretched it. That reduced the noise a bit, but made it a bit more dull. I also color graded the video to make it look more like the original scene.

I tried to make the interior look like the original as much as I could, but I didn't care, which drawings he put on the wall originally. I just took, what I thought would look like Lecter's choice.
I couldn't find a 3d model, that resembled the washbasin enough. My first Sketchfab choice looked crappy, so I created one myself. Wasn't too complicated. All the modeling was really fun, but after a while I felt a bit incarcerated ;)

Dune

Awesome! I really like how he keeps on watching you. Creepy!

Hannes

Thanks a lot, Ulco!!
The good thing is, he doesn't move in the original scene,  except with his head. I only had to rotate it, so he always looks to the camera. 
That was quite easy.

Dune