Neanderthaltest

Started by Dune, April 14, 2023, 03:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

It's awfully quiet here, so I figured I'd post something again. If anyone looks, this is a new guy I'm testing. Hair is still too low poly, traditionally careful as I am not to get hunderds of MB's of just hair, though with the cheap space of today, I'd better go loose....

schmeerlap

Remind me if these characters of yours are customised poser models, or generated using something like ZBrush, Blender etc. In either case they look fearsomely good. I'd have them in the back line of my football (soccer) team any day of the week.  :)
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Mahnmut

Very cool individual model!
Just some ideas:
-Genetics show that Thals had the full gamut of modern hair types, including red and blonde.
-I am sure they did not all have crooked teeth
-I gather there is a whole lot of new hair functions in blender 3.5.
-Do you know the grinning guy from the Neanderthal Museum? If not search for neanderthal and "Mr. N.", he´s so cool.
But i think facial expression will be a later step?
Courious where this goes.
Cheers,
J

Mahnmut

Well, your guy does have a realistic facial expression, he looks very intent on something, a tasty mammoth perhaps.
I just like to see smiling Thals.

masonspappy

Amazing resemblance to my uncle Dink and cousin Brunhilde. :)

Dune

Quote from: masonspappy on April 14, 2023, 12:54:35 PMAmazing resemblance to my uncle Dink and cousin Brunhilde
Nice family you're from ;D Always knew it.

This guy is originally a G8 figure from DAZ, but I made a custom morph in ZBrush, and an old man face bump (which I could of course enhance in ZB, but didn't yet).

I know the range of types, I have yet to make a pretty (fearsome) blonde or Irish Neanderthal, but good that you remind me to do so. This is the first one that I gave crooked teeth because it was possible in DAZ, won't make it a habit. I did 'melt' some teeth in ZB once. I know the grinning type too, but this one is indeed intent on something; his whole posture is crawling with a spear to stab some proteins.

Hannes

Cool characters, Ulco!! I'd love to see those with the subsurface scattering shader.

Dune

I'll have a go at that if he's finished completely. Got another guy brewing now, grinning ;D

Kevin F

Great models, but way too clean for Neanderthals.

Dune

Dirt added too.

SSS wasn't completely as I expected, because with more than a centimeter of transparency the ears went white, and his teeth shone through his lips. In the end I merged glass and default, because details missed.

schmeerlap

Neandertest_8 shows him to be a fine looking specimen, and the work you've done on him is admirable. Before I clicked on the thumbnail I thought he was displaying the trophies of his hunting prowess behind him, in the form of human skulls (there is some evidence in what is now Spain that they could be cannibalistic).
Maybe it's because I'm a little peckish but some of those rocks still remind me of the chickens I used to buy in Aldi  ;D
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Mahnmut

COol!
I like him, he has the smug look of a job well done!
As should you!
J

Dune

Thank you, guys. Well, the skulls were a quick addition of a tgc, to not have just a bare landscape, so I didn't really pay attention to the Aldi Quality. I hope I didn't burden you with too much PTSS.

Here's a proud Matchman!

Kevin F

Dirty is a big improvement. I can almost smell him!

Mahnmut

Some people just want to see the world burn...

Mankind in a nutshell, thats how it all started.