Wallawa Jumu

Started by schmeerlap, April 14, 2023, 11:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schmeerlap

Just thought I'd drop a metaphorical pin just to hear it's deafening clatter in the Trappistic silence that abounds here. Someone might like to tell me the pillars are too big in relation to the terrain features. Or what the hell are they doing there anyhow? Or what the blooming heck is Wallawa Jumu when it's at home, anyway? ;D
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Mahnmut

I think its obvious what they are doing there, guarding the water of course!
great landscape.
I would make the clouds scarcer to emphasize the dryness of the scene. maybe just one little shred to mach the billabong (if thats what it is?)?
No idea what Wallawa jumu means, but I could imagine it being close to Didjabringabeeralong.
Cheers

schmeerlap

Quote from: Mahnmut on April 14, 2023, 12:02:13 PMDidjabringabeeralong.
Cheers
Love your observations Mahnmut. I'm sure the aboriginal people did have their version of the Amber Nectar back in the day (probably something a lot stronger and more halucinatory). And billabong is what it is (Jumu is an aboriginal word for seasonal water), and Wallawa means "stop here". I agree that less cloud cover would be more fitting to the scene. The pillars could be sentinels, as you say. I had in mind staking claims, one for each family of the local "people" giving them drawing rights from the Jumu.
Prost  :)

Dune

Quote from: schmeerlap on April 14, 2023, 04:55:50 PMDidjabringabeeralong.
;D ;D ;D
You should have one cloud over the water hole, raining into it.

Mahnmut

To give honor where credit is due,
Didjabringabeeralong is a place on the last continent of Sir Terry Pratchetts wonderful diskworld.
SlĂ inte mhath, Mate!

schmeerlap

Quote from: Mahnmut on April 15, 2023, 04:19:56 AMTo give honor where credit is due,
Didjabringabeeralong is a place on the last continent of Sir Terry Pratchetts wonderful diskworld.

My ignorance is rightly exposed.  :-[

mhaze