Bulbous rocks

Started by mhaze, April 28, 2023, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Basic landscape was created in Gaea and then detailedin Terragen. Vegetation mainly created by me with some Xfrog weeds. Not sure where the heather came from! the reeds are from Dune.

KlausK

That is a beautiful scenery! Very natural and real looking to me.
I really like the vegetation creeping out of the water and moving up the slope to the higher regions.
And how the snow rests in just the right places. The colours... Everything fits together perfectly well (in my view).
Very well done, I think.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

It looks very good on the whole. I too like the gradient of greenery, and the mountain with the snow remains. But somehow I get the feeling the lower half and upper half are not in sync. How shall I phrase this carefully? Lower half seems too big in comparison with the upper half, or vice versa (mountains give an impression of hugeness, also because of the strata, but apparently are quite low/small in relation to the lake shore and up).
I also find the shadows very dark, almost black. That's often the trouble with PT, and I think a cloud layer or fill light should be in order in those cases.

schmeerlap

I like it
Beautiful scene.
The heather may also be Dune's. I know I've downloaded his three variations of wild heather.
To lighten the shadows I always add a second sun 180o from the main sun at a strength of 0.4 where the main sun is at the default 5. (remember to turn off shadows from this second sun).
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

mhaze

The heather was from Was! Dune, the rocks are 250ft high, it's the viewpoint that makes them look so big. Deceptive and maybe I should explore a different scale but I probably won't.

Mahnmut

I can only agree, very nice formations and plant distribution!

masonspappy

There's a calm and remoteness to this I really like. Very nice composition.