Triceratops

Started by Dune, May 11, 2023, 11:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Beach scene with some triceratops and a dead mosasaur, which wouldn't be interesting for the tri's, because they are vegetarians.

schmeerlap

Excellent work. I particularly like the differentiation between the rough water and the more placid backwash on the beach. Also great work on the surf.
As they're vegetarian I wouldn't be too scared to see those impressive dinos face on.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Doug

the tracks are cool
did you use a mask in the shape?

i'm in the dino's should have bumps and ridges crowd
lots of bumps and ridges

KlausK

Quote from: Dune on May 11, 2023, 11:00:13 AMwhich wouldn't be interesting for the tri's, because they are vegetarians
I can`t really get my head around that :{

The ocean looks really nice how the waves roll in at the beach. And i guess being you the plants, sizes and mixture are scientifically acurate? Looks very convincing all together.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Thanks guys. Yes, the prints are a quickly painted photoshop mask. The veggies are a mix of some 'modern' and ancient to get a nice image, but I'm not sure how scientifically accurate they are. I would have to do more research on specific biomes and all that. I might, in due time.
@KlausK ; the 3 guys are not interested in the mosasaur, as they don't eat (dead) meat. I was just thinking of making another render with them eating maybe large reeds or papyrus, or something green and extinct. An image is already in my head, so now I have to force TG to do what I want :P

masonspappy

It's a really nice image. The mix of vegetation on the right side is superb!

Do you have a tyrannosaurus rex? I think they were scavengers. 

Dune

Yes, I have TRex, and they undoubtedly had their neighbourly trouble. And were quite a match in terms of size and fierceness in attack and defend. Just doing one with the 2.