Potamogeton lucens

Started by Dune, June 04, 2023, 01:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Just to keep something happening here, here's another test of a new veggie I'm working on. No post. Needs work....
And the difference in time it takes to render is in the title, still hoping GPU rendering will eventually take some time off PT.

masonspappy

Realism is super! Nice job!

Stormlord

Looks like a photo!
Impressed Dune

STORMLORD

Dune

Thanks guys. Here's an update with some better Potamogetons, and other stuff. I might make this into a medieval scene, with a few monks traveling by small boat.... the birds would probaly leave if so :P

schmeerlap

Like the other guys said, quality photorealistic render.
The render time difference between standard and path tracer render is not insignificant. A wee Tonemapping adjustment on the standard render and my tired eyes wouldn't see much of a difference.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Dune

Yeah, I prefer to have it done a bit sooner too. I changed the GISD to 2 over 32 pixels, which darkens a bit 'wider'.

KlausK

Looking really good. The water surface of the last (3rd) render isn`t as nice as in the first two pics, I think.
And personally I `d rather have the fish down deeper in the water, less clear and obvious. But that`s just me.
The river bank area with the trees and old rotten barge and jetty/pier sits very well with the water scenery.
Else: superb! (in my opinion).

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Thanks Klaus. I had a little doubt about the fish as well, especially the upper one is too clear.
The water obviously depends on the seed, and I sometimes have a little doubt about using the water shader for such tiny wavelets. The ridgy appearance is too ridgy IMO (and the ridges can't be smoothed like in a regular PF), and a perlin would be better. So I sometimes use a perlin, but not here. I may take a dive into the blues for some nice sinoid small waves....

pixelpusher636

REALLY nice renders! The last update was superb man!
I love theses renders where you have veg in the water. Very realistic.

The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.