Summer Evening

Started by aknight0, June 11, 2023, 10:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aknight0

Relaxing on a warm summer evening.  

This was an interesting experiment.  The sitting person and the flock of birds were added with Photoshop's new generative fill tool.  It's not perfect yet, but I think it has a lot of potential for use with Terragen, where sometimes adding small objects or details to a render can take inordinately long.

schmeerlap

I like it, and when this generative tool is available with other less expensive image editing programs (not Adobe) I'll use it to place characters and objects in my Terragen scenes.
It will certainly save time and effort in correctly embedding 2d characters. Not to mention the money it will save in purchasing quality 3d models for ones scene.
There may be some Terragen purists who object to this kind of AI involvement, and or not wish to see AI enhanced scenes in this Image Sharing section of the forum.
I think it is fine as long as the AI embellishments are declared as such.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Dune

Looks good indeed, and only if you check (the birds) carefully, you can see they're not 'real'. Interesting development and a bit dangerous perhaps, though they claim only to use their own stock stuff.
Just a dark and a bit overstated thought; perhaps it will go the way of photography, which used to be a tool for 'the few' who made beautiful things and their work was rare. Think Ansel Adams, Steve McCurry, Helmut Newton and the like. Nowadays everybody clicks away and photography looses a good deal of its exclusiveness. In future illustrators/artists will be swamped by the happy mass clicking away and massively producing 'art' and illustrations based on all that's been made before. It could make the work of an illustrator/artist easier, but also more and cheap competition will eat away his/her existence; everybody will be an illustrator. Mmmm.

masonspappy

It's a nice image at first glance, but there's something about the figure that strikes me as off-kilter.

First, I would have expected a bit more edge-illumination along the legs. Not much, just a thin line - same degree as exists for arm, shirt and hair.
I also don't get the position of upper body compared to direction of legs. The more I look at it the more it seems like 2 sections joined incorrectly.  Can't quite tell exactly how because so much of the figure is immersed in shadow. But the "not-quite-right" feeling is still there.

The rest of the image is good - makes me wish I was the person sitting there.

aknight0

I agree about the figure, it's still at the level of "don't look too closely".  This was actually the best of about ten attempts, some of the others were pretty hilarious, like this crazy collection of limbs.  :D  

masonspappy

Quote from: aknight0 on June 12, 2023, 03:48:22 PMI agree about the figure, it's still at the level of "don't look too closely".  This was actually the best of about ten attempts, some of the others were pretty hilarious, like this crazy collection of limbs.  :D 
;D ;D