Render View (Frame Buffer) Zoom Function Broken

Started by D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet), June 16, 2023, 11:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

I do high resolution renders in the latest version of TG4 (4.6.43) and when done I can't get a 1:1 pixel preview in the Render view.
This used to work in old versions of Terragen 4.  I should be able to select the magnifying glass icon drop down and select 100% to get a 1:1 pixel view, but it just stays at the reduced resolution (Best Fit Resolution).
Is this a known issue?

Derek

WAS

Quote from: D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet) on June 16, 2023, 11:27:38 AMI do high resolution renders in the latest version of TG4 (4.6.43) and when done I can't get a 1:1 pixel preview in the Render view.
This used to work in old versions of Terragen 4.  I should be able to select the magnifying glass icon drop down and select 100% to get a 1:1 pixel view, but it just stays at the reduced resolution (Best Fit Resolution).
Is this a known issue?

Derek

I've always had this issue for years. 100% is clearly scaled down, including bunched and unaligned pixels from whatever sampling it's using.

pokoy

It's worse than that - all zoom levels that should 'just' repeat pixels - 200%, 400% etc - show blocky artefacts just like 100% does.
One time I spent hours trying to figure out what settings were causing the artefacts only to discover that the render was perfectly fine after saving and viewing it in PS.

Here's a report of mine posted last year:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,30254.msg295314.html#msg295314

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

I'll submit a support request on this i guess.