Rock Bridge?

Started by scott8933, January 03, 2008, 08:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott8933

Quote from: old_blaggard on January 05, 2008, 10:48:54 AM
scott - That bend reformer you're looking for is called a Redirect shader :).

Yes, but nothing so simple as a "bend" deform like I'm used to...Is this where the various trig functions would come into play? Do I need to input some equation into the x/y/or z channel in the redirect shader?

scott8933

Yes, the more I get lost in functions here and warpers there, I just keep thinking good old reliable Amorphium would slap that out in seconds. I like the elegance of procedural everything, but so far my project is a complete mis-mash of placed models and image maps. What's one more placed model!

And as long as I've got the ear of some experienced Terragen people here, I'll briefly hijack my own thread - when upgrading from Deep to Deep+Animation, nothing changes, right? No new buttons show up or anything? My understanding is that the "Animation" upgrade is for some future functionality not yet available, correct?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Quote from: hillrunner on January 05, 2008, 11:47:22 AM
As Terragen 2 allows us to import 3D models, it's really the best solution using programs like Blender for create archs, hoodoos and so on. Multires and Sculpt mode are cool tools, and modelling a nice arch is a very simple thing. And you have all the control you want on the shape of the object.
Olivier

scott8933

And I have to admit, all my arch experiments were with inverted craters as pillars - all the while I couldn't get it out of my head that it looked way more like a bent schlong than a rock arch. Got a long way to go to learn this program!

Oshyan

The Animation upgrade does already allow you access to existing animation functions: simple keyframing and interpolation of values across frames for almost any node and setting, as well as high quality motion blur (camera-only). The animation module will eventually include more robust timeline-based editing and other functions.

- Oshyan