Somewhere above another Planet...

Started by Stormlord, July 31, 2023, 09:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormlord

With my new machine (i9-9900K, 128GB RAM) the render times are still high, but now I'm capable to render everything out in 4K.

So here comes another orbital view from 408 kilometers above ground.
Dramatic lightning, cool stratosphere clouds, some aurora lightning and a nice green atmospheric glow is combined in this composition.

Magnetosphere.jpg
Magnetosphere in 4K

Hope you like it!

STORMLORD

Dune

I certainly do. Very cool and realistic! The clouds must be pretty high, or is there something else that takes up so much render time? I would guess the top half is done in minutes...
I wonder what would happen if you'd make this at 1/4 scale or so. Scale is so relative after all, you won't see it.

Stormlord

Yes indeed, these clouds are high up in the atmosphere.
The view is from 408 kilometers above ground (ISS level). I simply tried to get the same perspective as they do look in these ISS Orbital movies.

I rendered it in 4K because it is my new desktop :-)

STORMLORD

Dune

I actually meant if the clouds are high from bottom to top, so their range... Hence my thought to decrease everything to 1/4 for possible faster, grain-free rendering.

4K desktop, wow!

pixelpusher636

Nice render man! I love the aurora lightning it really adds to the scene and with some extra color! ;D  
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Stormlord

Yes indeed, it looks pretty cool!
By creating the scene, I found out, that it only really works, when your whole ambient is more in the darkness.
So the contrast is better and the faint structures of the Aurora will be more visible!

Did you notice, that the green stratospheric glow is also visible (maybe to strong)?

STORMLORD