MAC versions problematic !

Started by pclavett, August 27, 2023, 03:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pclavett

Hi guys !
The last 2 versions have not worked for me. The 4.5.71 would not open the files correctly, saying there was no camera. This new one, 4.6.43.0, does not open at all, my system saying that it cannot be opened. Image below of the message. The 4.5.56.0 is still the one that I have to use on my Mac and the latest, on the PC. Please advise if you believe that I am doing something wrong. Thanks !

Matt

If 4.5.56 runs OK but 4.5.71 gave you a "no camera" warning, that makes me think the issue may be something to do with multiple versions being installed.

The "no camera" issue can occur if you have set an environment variable called TERRAGEN_PATH on your system and it's referring to a path that is different from the version that you're attempting to run. See if you can find that environment variable and remove it (or update it) if it's present.

If that's not the reason, then the next thing I would ask you to do - if you have not already done so - is to restart the Mac and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, then please uninstall all copies of Terragen, restart, and then reinstall only 4.6.43. It could be that something went wrong when installing multiple versions.

Please let me know if any of these steps resolve the issue or not.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

pclavett

Hi Matt ! Did as you suggested and dumped all earlier versions, even emptied the Application Support in the library, but still did not want to install correctly, rebooted, was able to install the latest but the application would not accept the key. Did another reboot and on that one, the key was accepted and all is working right now. Never had that many problems installing before but right now, things are fine. Thanks for the help and have a great day !