Canyons 6

Started by dman66, September 09, 2023, 08:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dman66

A bit further into Terragen and hopefully a bit better at this. The terrain was created in Terresculptor 2. Struggled with finding a good dry grass .obj. Gave up as all the ones I attempted didn't load well into Terragen, so used one of Mr. Lamppost's long grasses and recoloured the shaders. Objects are from Mr. Lamppost's Bush and grass packs apart from the sage bush which is by Was. The trees are from xfrog - Bishop Pine. Mostly happy with the distribution of the objects but would like to clump the bushes more inside the populations.

Dune

Did you search the forum for shared grasses? There are also some procedures to be found to vary colors over a population. Search is very handy!! One example is here: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,28215.0.html

dman66

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try these out soon so thanks for the grasses as well.

masonspappy

Would it also help to have a bit of light in the foreground? Seems a bit "flattish" (is that a word??)

dman66

Flattish is a word, so understand what you mean. I edited the file to use Dune's grass 26 and that lighten the image a lot. Spent most of the last day learning about colour variations to populations. These have improved the image immensely. Been struggling to get the Pine population to show a variation but that might be due to the distance and that the pine is quite dark already. Now onto the clouds next.

Dune

That looks much better indeed. For the pines to lighten up; you can raise the base color (often at 0.5) inside the object in the default shader for leaves and/or trunk. Even above 1.