Above the Rockies

Started by Hetzen, September 16, 2023, 11:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hetzen

Hi all. Been a while since I've posted an image, thought I'd share a frame from a scene I'm working on. It uses a couple of Alpine Fractals and Daniil's erosion filter, baked into a .ter and image map to send to the farm.

Above the Rockies.jpg

aknight0

Nice POV, and I especially like the colors in the valleys.  Is the grey higher up meant to be snow or rock?  It's a little hard to tell.

Doug

i think you bought an airplane and took a picture

that is a good one

Dune

Indeed great colors, and I share your feelings about the snow/rock.
Looks like the mountain tops are covered in (fake) trees. The gullies and flows work terrific. I'm a big fan of Daniil's work.

Hetzen

Thanks all for the feedback. Those bright patches have been brought back a little, good spot. They're supposed to be brighter scree runs. There's going to be a load of motion blur on this shot as the camera rotates 70 degrees on the y axis, whilst travelling at the correct airspeed for the aircraft, so those fake trees should be all I need. I can swap in populations if needed, but at the area this shot covers those populations will be quite large, and small objects can create a lot of noise.

FuzzyTues

Stormlord

Looks like a shot from an airplane, excellent scenery!

STORMLORD

Hetzen

The 'trees' are a PF displacement and a PF colour into a surface layer with some masking.

Mahnmut

pixelpusher636

Very convincing render Hetzen! I love the colors and deposition field and flow streams, quite convincing indeed! This looks like some areas of the Pacific Northwest. 
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.