Canyon Mesa scene file help

Started by Balletdude, October 09, 2023, 11:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balletdude

I've been playing with the Canyon Messa scene files from the presets pack.
while I like it, I find the edges of the mesa, where it flattens out to the top surface, is to sharp. is there anyway to smooth these edges? i.e. round them or make them irregular so it isnt as noiticable?

Simon 

Dune

I don't know the pack, so perhaps you could post a tgd? There are ways to have altitude smoothed out by a get alti and smooth step setup, but I haven't worked with that for a while.

Balletdude

Quote from: rachelwoods on October 10, 2023, 12:18:16 AMHello, I think you can use a terrain modeling tool or a 3D modeling software to reshape the top surface of the mesa. By adding irregularities, bumps, or rounding the edges, you can create a more natural and organic look. This will help to soften the sharpness of the edges.
Another way is to create or find a displacement map that contains height information and apply it to the top surface of the mesa. The displacement map will alter the geometry of the surface, allowing you to introduce variations and irregularities. This can help to break up the sharp edges and make them appear more natural. ;D
I was thinking of the first solution, but wanted to keep it in Terragen and completely node based.

Quote from: Dune on October 10, 2023, 01:54:07 AMI don't know the pack, so perhaps you could post a tgd? There are ways to have altitude smoothed out by a get alti and smooth step setup, but I haven't worked with that for a while.
It's part of the presets pack on the Terragen website. seems that I had added some extra nodes when experimenting and saved that version, re downloaded it and it seems fine now

Thank you both