Arid Shores

Started by PreRenderedDev, December 07, 2023, 05:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreRenderedDev

It's my first time posting in this forum, been using Terragen since Terragen 2, but had no idea what I was doing until Terragen 4

aknight0

Cool!  The shine on the rocks is a nice touch.

Doug

looks like mars with water

Good Picture

schmeerlap

I like it. Nice wet rock scene. Me and my computer like arid (no pesky plants).
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Stormlord

It really locks like on another planet far away, very moody atmosphere and beautiful color range.

STORMLORD

Dune

Good of you to post here, breaks up the quiet. And with a very nice render indeed. It depends what you want to achieve of course, I like the shine, it could be after very recent rainfall. I can also see this image with a gradient in amount of shine, like the higher parts gradually drying out... or just the shores wet up to a certain altitude.
Hard to see how big the area is, so some object for comparison would be good. But again, depends on what you want to portray.

PreRenderedDev

Quote from: Dune on December 08, 2023, 09:09:55 AMGood of you to post here, breaks up the quiet. And with a very nice render indeed. It depends what you want to achieve of course, I like the shine, it could be after very recent rainfall. I can also see this image with a gradient in amount of shine, like the higher parts gradually drying out... or just the shores wet up to a certain altitude.
Hard to see how big the area is, so some object for comparison would be good. But again, depends on what you want to portray.
I'm still barely starting with the reflection shader, all of my terrain in the past looked bland and flat because the areas did not reflect the light properly, I'll try to use a mask with a % on it, alongside a fractal shader next time I'll make something like that.