Sandstone Rocks

Started by mhaze, December 30, 2023, 09:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Sandstone towers in a forest.

Dune

mhaze

schmeerlap

Top drawer Terragen scene, great lateral displacement, and the fog gives a great background for the overall composition.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Doug

Stormlord

mhaze

Dune

I have to ask; are they procedural or imported assets?

mhaze

Hi Dune,
The rocks are procedural - displaceable cubes but some of the veg is imported with some made in Speedtree. 

mhaze

Here's simplified file of the rocks.

Stormlord

Quote from: mhaze on December 31, 2023, 05:25:05 AMHere's simplified file of the rocks.

Thx for sharing Mick
I'll investigate your share, that's for sure!

STORMLORD

Dune

Thanks a lot, Mick, your file is even more appreciated! And cool of you to post again!

schmeerlap

Yea thanks for the "simplified" tgd, Mick. I had a look at it and now know why my efforts at cube displacement look more like asymmetric turds.
I've attached an example of one I'm working on presently.
That's my idea of a "simple" node network.  ;D
I bow to your mastery of Terragen nodes, Mick
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

mhaze

It works. I like the image you posted - very drol.  

The cracks in the rocks are simple voronoi patterns stretched and repeated 3 times to get a softer effect and then warped to make them more organic.
In time you'll master the nodes keep trying!

efflux

This is really good. The rock surfaces are perfect and various moss and plant arrangement.

If I was to try to nitpick this, the only thing i would say is that the mist looks like it has slight gaps. I'm assuming it's driven by a texture. i suppose it could look just like this but some tree branches appear to move into clearer spaces and hence the depth is lost very slightly.

I've been doing a lot of photography and it's kind of got me thinking about using Terragen again and how to create and edit to be more like photos.