Winter river

Started by Dune, January 13, 2024, 04:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

This (cropped version) will be used in a movie, with people comped in (front) and running water. So I can't tell what it is exactly.

Stormlord

WOW, Ulco a very good-looking winter scene.
It nearly looks photorealistic, the typical dull winter sky, the fallen leafs in the foreground, the overall atmosphere here and the lightly frosted grass, excellent arranged and done.

What irritates me the most are the fake stones. The stone in front, mostly because it looks so artificial with that straight line on it (I would just erase it, the others are good).
Second, the brighter green on the stones in the water (the darker green on the stone in the foreground fits much better IMO). I would use this color with smaller iterations.

STORMLORD

Dune

I guess you're right about the stone(s). Another seed perhaps or a mask. Color is a good point too. Thanks!

schmeerlap

A very authentic wintry scene, especially the bare trees and light covering of snow, and the grey sky.
I also noticed that unnatural straight edge on the nearby stone, a wee bit of displacement might sort it.
The other thing I'm trying to figure out is how that fallen tree seems to be defying gravity, even if it was broken someway up the stump the weight of it should gravitate its top end into the water.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Dune

The tree just doesn't want to touch the cold water ;D  I may have to edit that one a bit indeed. It's one of a pop, and happened to fall there (lucky seed).

schmeerlap

Quote from: Dune on January 13, 2024, 07:40:40 AMThe tree just doesn't want to touch the cold water ;D 
brrrrrrr . . . . . I feel its pain.   ;D
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Doug

Stormlord

Quote from: Dune on January 13, 2024, 07:40:40 AMThe tree just doesn't want to touch the cold water ;D  I may have to edit that one a bit indeed. It's one of a pop, and happened to fall there (lucky seed).
I also noticed that, but thought maybe the tree has been fallen shortly... ;D
Nevertheless, really a bombastic picture!

STORMLORD

aknight0

I love that winter hillside in the background, very atmospheric.

mhaze