No... its not a fake or image manipulation

Started by gastar, January 09, 2008, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott8933

Request for feature - suspend rendering in progress and save its progress, to allow the rendering to be closed and opened up and continued later.

Being able to save a "render state" like every hour sure would make these 100+ hour renderings a lot less nerve-wracking!

gastar

Quote from: scott8933 on January 10, 2008, 04:04:04 AM
Request for feature - suspend rendering in progress and save its progress, to allow the rendering to be closed and opened up and continued later.

Being able to save a "render state" like every hour sure would make these 100+ hour renderings a lot less nerve-wracking!

Normal I use the hibernate mode from windows to stopp rendering. So you can continue rendering if you want. But sometimes windows crashs on wakeup and the rendering was lost.

hibernate - windows save your complete memory on harddrive, its better then suspend mode, because the pc dosen't need power to hold the data in the memory

It would be nice if TG2 support to save the renderprogress....

Gastar
current: AMD 4200+, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB, Geforce 7950 GX2
2010:    AMD Quadcore 3 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, more Space, ...
2015:    256 Core CPU, 16 GB RAM, more then 20 Terrabyte and a 64Bit Terragen Verison...

buchvecny

lol i believe you but you are little retarded haha no offence man but you are actually KILLING your computer. I doubt you will get it finished this year too...

rcallicotte

Besides...there is no point.  The update is coming.  What are you doing?   ::)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dandelO

Lol, I can't help but agree with the majority of these comments, 2 months and counting, is that ALL? And, only 4000x3000px. ;)

Most scenes can be accomplished at FAR lower all round settings, and as for realism, that's Terragen's forte! Unless your scene is pixel perfect, before any rendering is done, it's not going to make your render amazing. (that's not a diss on any of your work by the way, just an obvious point to make.) it'll just render things more accurately, bad parts and all...

I personaly believe you'll never see this image rendered anyway, just hit 'stop', man, put it down to experience! Sorry.

Now, where did I see someone collecting wagers on this thread? ...

dhavalmistry

Quote from: dandelO on January 10, 2008, 02:40:09 PM
Now, where did I see someone collecting wagers on this thread? ...

wagers over here!!!....:D:D
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"