High mountains *updated*

Started by JimB, January 11, 2008, 07:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimB

QuoteAn animation would be nice but I don't want to think about the render time.
You know, I'm so pleased with this one that I'd probably buy a cheap little box or laptop to leave it rendering in the corner for a month  ;)
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

Oshyan

Stunning Jim. Really beautiful work. We've already got an Image of the Week to put up this week, but this is perfect for next week if you'd like to be featured. PM me if you're interested. :)

- Oshyan

zhotfire

Simply stunning I'd say! Fantastic job Jim!  8)

RedSquare

Well I didn't like the first version too much. I thought the second was a great improvement.  Now most of the postwork has gone, this is now without a doubt simply beautiful.  ;D

neods

lovely image! Could you reveal us a little more about your cloud setup? is it 3 clould layers on the same height level to get the feel of the smooth and the hard parts? any chance for sharing the setup? just want to say great work again!

JimB

Quote from: neods on January 15, 2008, 06:42:59 PM
lovely image! Could you reveal us a little more about your cloud setup? is it 3 clould layers on the same height level to get the feel of the smooth and the hard parts? any chance for sharing the setup? just want to say great work again!
Neod, unfortunately, I can't share the setup in this instance as I need to use it for potential work. Really sorry about that, but my hands are tied and I need to pay the bills. Hope you understand.  :-\

It's only 2 altocumulous cloud layers taken down low, though, and in fact a very simple setup. I don't think I touched the atmosphere, and bear in mind it's best to render EXR and tweak the gamma and exposure in something like Photoshop CSx, IMHO. Treat it like an actual RAW photo.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

cajomi

Developer of GeoControl