"Là-Haut" and "Le Grand Saut" *Update*

Started by Seth, January 20, 2008, 09:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

Là-Haut

Le grand Saut
just some Blur to have an amusing effect (like runnig to the end of the cliff)

dhavalmistry

I like the idea of the blur....distinct!....

but I am not sure about the water at this height....I am sorry but I am not trying to be a bad ass critic....

and I absolutely love your clouds!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Seth

i know what you mean about the water !!!
i loved it in the preview window... it was like a an odd and strange detail. but in the final render i just don't like it ^^
thanks for the critic man ! that's the only way to try to get better ;)

dhavalmistry

Seth

i'll render it again without the water with a slight change of pov too...
btw, don't bother telling me the water doesn't fit the terrain by stopping with an end of world effect... i did some bad mistakes on this one ^^

overlordchuck

Hmm...running to the end of a cliff certainly doesn't sound like anything I want to be doing, but it's definitely a sweet picture and interesting idea!

rcallicotte

Ooooh.  Need a science-fiction-like dome popping out from the clouds.  Or maybe two.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Sethren

I think the water looks nifty. Why not make it frozen then but then again how high are we anyways?    ;D

Costaud

Yeah water look strange on the top of the mountains but the clouds are really well done.

Mr_Lamppost

Hmmm. I like it.  The blur is an interesting effect but I prefer the version without it.  The water may be a little artificial but it adds interest so I say keep it. 

Are you using two suns?  I only ask as the light on the foreground looks to be coming from a different direction from the light on the clouds.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Seth

yeah, there are 2 suns :)

here is an update

dhavalmistry

tone the displacements down a little in foreground!...I like it way better without the water!

rcallicotte

Wow, incredible lighting.  It might be that the angle of the sun (a key component to this beautiful light) might also be causing extra shadows in the rough displacements that normally would appear to be fine otherwise.  Not sure I'd change it.

Scale might be nice.  I can't tell how close I am to the foreground.  This could help the rough terrain issue, if something small enough was seen traveling across the unforgiving terrain.   :)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

moodflow

Wow, that recent image looks incredible.  I love that scratchy rough looking rock!
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Seth

thanks ^^
i'm still looking to improve it, so if anybody has an idea i'll take them ;)
perhaps some vegetation or buildings (as calico said...)