Canyon Wall *FINAL* + Tutorial :)

Started by Tangled-Universe, January 20, 2008, 10:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWsenior07

Really one of the best renders I've seen, well done!

Tangled-Universe

Thanks a bunch everybody :)

For the ones who're interested, here's a screenshot of all the nodes.
It looks a bit messy and complicated but actually it's all quit straight-forward.

Martin

rcallicotte

Martin, LOL

Thanks.

It looks like spaghetti and meatballs without the meatballs, but I really do appreciate it.  Last time moodflow did something like this, I learned loads and it took about a month before I understood it all.   8)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Phylloxera

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on March 01, 2008, 04:25:34 AM
Thanks a bunch everybody :)

For the ones who're interested, here's a screenshot of all the nodes.
It looks a bit messy and complicated but actually it's all quit straight-forward.

Martin

Seth

joshbakr

Very Impressive work! Wondering if you have a full scene with the entire canyon (both sides and the canyon floor) and maybe a river? That would be fantastic! 

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: joshbakr on March 02, 2008, 12:08:35 PM
Very Impressive work! Wondering if you have a full scene with the entire canyon (both sides and the canyon floor) and maybe a river? That would be fantastic! 

Thanks Josh ;)
I'm working on that but I'm running into some struggles with modifying the overall canyon shapes.
After that I hope to render a scene with water and maybe some vegs too :)

Martin

joshbakr

Sometimes one needs to cheat so to speak. I once combined 3 different renders to make a full canyon. Rendered the left side canyon with the displacements coming in from the left. Then rendered the right side with the displacements coming in from the right. Rendered the canyon floor with mild displacements then blended them together in Photoshop.  Wasn't that great but it worked since I didn't know how to control things and still don't really. LOL

choronr

It would be great if Planetside could add your 'Canyon Wall' nodes as a preset is some future release.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: choronr on March 03, 2008, 01:21:06 AM
It would be great if Planetside could add your 'Canyon Wall' nodes as a preset is some future release.

Since I can see this as a compliment, thanks :)

However, the settings are quite specific for this terrain and as you know yourself they are hard to implement in other scenes/terrains like the Mittens project we've been working on for some time, remember?

If I have time tonight and if anybody's interested I'll write some explanations about this node-setup.

Martin

rcallicotte

;D  Yes.  Interested.  Of course.   ::)

choronr

Yes, an explanation would help me better understand ...thanks.

Tangled-Universe

Ok, I'm working on a pdf file covering the majority of aspects involved in creating this image.
Please stay tuned, this could take some time :)

Martin

edit: just finished a 20 pages long tutorial, will post it within a couple of hours ;D

rcallicotte

Okay.  <checks his watch>   ;D

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on March 03, 2008, 01:49:49 PM
edit: just finished a 20 pages long tutorial, will post it within a couple of hours ;D