T. M. A. ?

Started by Mr_Lamppost, January 22, 2008, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Lamppost

I was playing silly buggers last night and came up with this  :D

It needs something to finish it off any suggestions? 
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

dhavalmistry

a shiny reflective surface representing windows.....but what would it be doing in the middle of the desert where there is nothing/no one around.....;)
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Cyber-Angel

If this had several early humans in this I'd suggest renaming this "The Dawn of Man" after the sequence of the same name in 2001: A Space Odyssey as this looks like the monolith from that motion picture.

For those who don't know about 2001: A Space Odyssey T.M.A-1 stands for Tycho Magnetic Anomaly One AKA the Tycho Monolith which is the Monolith found on the Moon dated to be 3 Million years old and is the same one encountered by Moon-Watcher and his tribe at the beginning of the film, it is said to be perfect having the ratio of 1 to 4 to 9.     

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

sonshine777

Was it actually that big? Seems a little large in scale. Very cool idea though, hope you continue to develop it. :)

Lucio

Will

give it some white spots and make it a giant domino!  ;D ;D ;D
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: sonshine777 on January 23, 2008, 01:07:12 AM
Was it actually that big? Seems a little large in scale. Very cool idea though, hope you continue to develop it. :)

If you read Arthur C.Clark's book of 2001 (I think its also mentioned in the film, though I don't remember) that T.M.A-2 that was found near the "Star-Gate located near Saturn (Hence the so called Star-Gate sequence) had the same Ratio as T.M.A.-1 which was the monolith found on the moon meaning they both had the ratio of 1 to 4 to 9.

T.M.A-2 was never as I recall mentioned in the film and the Star-Gate was moved into Jupiter Space rather than as in the book located near Saturn. I do recall which chapter or paragraph this information is mentioned in the book.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel       

mr-miley

I did one similar in TG 0.9. Never thought to revisit it. I used the TG to C4D plugin for C4D.
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

overlordchuck

Hahahaha, this is GREAT.  I definitely agree with Lucio, monkeys are what you need!  ;D ;D ;D The dominoes idea is gold!

sonshine777

The dominoes theme is kind of "Space Odyssey meets Mel Brooks"

DaveC

monkeys and some bones!

Or maybe something like a dinosaur or a large alien skeleton?

Mr_Lamppost

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. 

The domino idea sounds fun, there is probably some mileage in that  :D   but it looks like the primitive humans are the way to go. I had more or less decided this myself but was hoping someone would have a cool idea that avoided my having to make them.   >:(

I got the impression from the book and I read that before seeing the film, that the monolith was able to change its scale and appear any size as required.  My object is about the size of T.M.A.-1 as it appears on the moon in the film.  Although it is described as perfectly black in the book I gave it a slight secular sheen as seen in the film. 

I am a little surprised that it hasn't appeared in the TG2 universe before. Although that 0.9 appearance looks good.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

NWsenior07

I like it. Clever idea indeed!