Australia

Started by nvseal, February 02, 2008, 09:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

This one took 33 hours to render. I am actually quite pleased with this one although a part of me wishes that I had gone ahead and used the slight reflectivity on the tree leaves. C & C welcome.

dhavalmistry

like I said on DA....very nice lighting!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

NWsenior07

I think that some reflectivity on the leaves would be nice, but the image doesn't lose anything without it. I too like the lighting and I think the population is well distributed. An all around great render!

Seth

rcallicotte

Oh, I like this.  Like the beginning of a movie.  Or one of those screens when a movie is just starting to advertise one of the production houses.  It turns to a cartoon version, then shrinks down to a little pin of light that becomes a camera projection of Button Number 9. 

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

overlordchuck

old_blaggard

Beautiful sky!  The lighting is also very nice, although the sky does seem a little blow out to me at the center - it really takes my focus off of other interesting aspects of the scene like the trees.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Costaud

That's a good one excellent lighting.

moodflow

I had to put my sunglasses on to look at this one!   8)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

gastar

current: AMD 4200+, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB, Geforce 7950 GX2
2010:    AMD Quadcore 3 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, more Space, ...
2015:    256 Core CPU, 16 GB RAM, more then 20 Terrabyte and a 64Bit Terragen Verison...

lonewolf

Very nice image. The trees look a little out of place for australia though, not that it's your fault. I have been looking for 3d models of gum trees etc for quite a while now, and have resigned myself to the fact that I'll have to make them. Tree generation programs seem to have difficulty making them, so it's going to be a slow process.

Quote from: old_blaggard on February 02, 2008, 02:21:05 PM
Beautiful sky!  The lighting is also very nice, although the sky does seem a little blow out to me at the center - it really takes my focus off of other interesting aspects of the scene like the trees.

I agree with old_blaggard here. perhaps a fraction less sunlight strength.

Iain

nvseal

Well, originally the title was going to be "Light Study 3" but, being that that is somewhat boring, I decided to try something different. Australia was the first thing to come to mind that seemed a bit more interesting.  ;D My image names are always so boring.  :P

lonewolf

I have that problem too. Naming is always so hard  :)

monks

Very 'biblical' lighting- I think it's those browns (Old Masters, etc). Stick some ancient Athenian/ Roman temple in there... I like it!

monks

bigben

Some people have commented that the sunlight's too strong, but I reckon it's spot on. It's nice to see a sky that is actually bright looking at the sun  :)  I love the lighting... it reminds me of some of the early Australian paintings which still had a European influence, and the lighting on the clouds is fantastic to match it.

The trees are always going to be a problem if you're going to render in my backyard  ;)  I've been toying with Arbaro to try and get something resembling a eucalypt, but I still have  along way to go... lots to learn still.  I have seen some eucalypt models made in the US but they are a lot more distorted here because of all the bugs that eat them.