"Flora" or "The 6m tall dandelions of V'Tar"

Started by Marcos Silveira, February 08, 2008, 03:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos Silveira

Well, what to say...
Life was found on the deserted plains of V'Tar. These giant (+- 6m tall) "sticks" are not to be mistaken for formal plants (cause plants are an earthy phenomena) until some scientific examination.

[attachthumb=#]

dhavalmistry

very creative.....nice clouds...

you do not wanna fall on that sharp pointed stone in the foreground ;D

the background cloud use some more work!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

I agree with DH - creative.  Pretty good lighting.  Ground could be a little more random - try using a cloud shader to map the rock placement.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Marcos Silveira

THANX, It's a WIP for me (for those points you<dh> mentioned and mainly for those sharp rocks on the ground and the atmosphere samples in need of some increase ;)).
The marvelous clouds are not mine, unfortunately I don't remember who was the expert that has made them :-\
I tried to create an alien mood... Don't You think the plants resemble those of that ancient tv cartoon called She-ra?!?!? ;D
And Calico, thanx for the tip...

Marcos Silveira

There's something odd about the sand in the bottom left area of the ground. It's like it was regularly placed (japanese sand garden?!?! ;D).
Ok, that's a lot of work from now on, I'll have to fix the samples in the atmo; the sharp rocks; the sand placement, the background and add more variation on the plants...

Mr_Lamppost

Looking good so far   ;D

As you are going to rework it; how about tilting the camera up slightly to lower the horizon?  Alternatively, or for a quick preview of the effect, crop away the lower fifth of the image.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Costaud

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: Costaud on February 09, 2008, 03:31:55 PM
Good idea, the clouds need more work.

I quite like the clouds they add to the alien feel  ;)

Marcos Silveira

OK, after some changes I've got the piece bellow. The "Japanese sand garden" continues  :-[
I really don't now how to get rid of it... Didn't like the look of the stones texture... The increase in the atmosphere samples definitely added in the quality of the image...  The worse part in the composition IMO is the dead "Dramelia" (the name of those live sticks) in the right side of the pic, it seams it should be completely inside or outside of the image :-[

[attachthumb=#]

Marcos Silveira

@ Calico

In my last thread You gave me a tip: to use the cloud shader as distribution map for my rocks (actually, fake stones) on the ground. Could You teach me how??

Seth

Mr_Lamppost

Looks good.

I definitely like the new stones, less sure about the dead plants; I would probably lose them altogether.  

rcallicotte

Oh, this is very good.  Like the theme.  Want to read the book.   ;D

rcallicotte

@ro-nin - As you asked through the private message, here is a way to map your fake stones.  I'm using a picture (see attached), but you could attach a cloud shader to the same node in the clip file as the Image Shader to use that for a more random appearance.

nvseal

A very interesting image. Would you mind sharing the clouds?