Camera movement ease in/out?

Started by Piimon, February 15, 2008, 06:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piimon

I don't know has this been discussed here before but is it possible to do smooth animation in's and out's  for camera movement in the current build?  (i.e. camera gradually slows down to a full stop) 

I think that I have succeeded to do so in some of my animation test by accident, but I'm having hard time to reproduce this feature.

Or am I stuck just to render more frames and do these eases in postproduction?

-Piimon 

Will

Hmm, animation still a pretty unfinished feature in the current build so my guess would be that its a post production thing at the moment. Though for the record I don't have Deep+Animation so I have no clue.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

Like Will said, the animation module has yet to be fully addressed and Planetside has mentioned it will probably be later this year.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mr_Lamppost

I have the animation module and at this stage in its development there are no real controls for adjusting the interpolation between animation keys.  The default interpolations are not linear but I have no idea what function they do use.

As previously mentioned development of the animation module was always going to follow on after the final release. 
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Oshyan

You can achieve this effect with an appropriate mix of keyframes near your target final camera position, but admittedly it is a bit tricky and nowhere near as intuitive as it should be. This is something that will be worked on for completion of the Animation Module later this year (and Deep+Animation purchasers will of course get a free update when the final of that module is available).

- Oshyan

Piimon

Thanks for your replies. This clears things up

-Piimon

firesuite

A simple timeline graph with options for bezier curves and such would be super  ;D

Oshyan

Quote from: firesuite on February 17, 2008, 10:56:11 AM
A simple timeline graph with options for bezier curves and such would be super  ;D

Yes, of course. We'd like to get something like that implemented in the future, but of course that will be after the coming "gold" release.

- Oshyan

Cyber-Angel

Wouldn't F-Curves be more flexible as Lightwave, 3DS-Max and XSI among others use F-Curves?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

Oshyan

As far as I know "F-curve" is just a term that refers to the graphing of a function (a "function curve"). It does not refer to a specific type of function, curve or interpolation (e.g. spline, or the more specific bezier), only to the representation of the function as a visually graphed curve, generally in an editable form. In other words no, F-curves are not "more flexible" - that is largely a meaningless statement. Perhaps "F-curves" *as implemented in these applications* have an advantage, but that is really down to implementation approach rather than implementation *type*.

In any case as far as I understand the implementation of e.g. Maya, it is a fairly standard approach and one we would likely handle similarly.

- Oshyan