They must think cockatoos are stupid...

Started by Harvey Birdman, February 15, 2008, 09:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey Birdman

Funny story about destructive cockatoos - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7246238.stm. I really don't know about the human's strategy, though - they're going to tether the eagle to the building? How long do you think it'll take for the cockatoos to figure that out? These are smart friggin' birds - I say it'll take them about a week or two before they realize the eagle is no threat. Once they do, the eagle's life will be miserable - mercilessly teased by a rowdy bunch of cockatoos...

:)

mr-miley

"So far they have caused more than US$63,000 (£32,000) worth of damage."

Well, if they are daft enough to replace US$63,000 (£32,000) worth of lightbulbs, they deserve everything they get! Why not go to the next building along and dump a massive pile of sunflower seeds on its roof. Damn sight cheaper than hiring 2 birds and a handler for weeks on end, and that way the eagle and falcon can go home.  ;D
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

Harvey Birdman

;D   ;D

Way to think outside the box, Mr. M.    :D

rcallicotte

I'm with you, Harvey.  The idea that the cockatoos are just going to let these tethered birds alone is daft.  What it would take is letting a falcon rip into a couple.  That would probably deter them.  Not sure anyone would intentionally set that up, though.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.