TG2 Yeah!

Started by edlo, January 05, 2007, 10:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edlo

Not a question, just to praise this amazing piece of software; we know its still in the works, but what a brilliant effort.
There are hundreds if not thousands of questions complaints and such, so I just wanted to take a minute and say that what you have done here its brilliant, a splendid piece of software from which I am having so much fun.
As this is only the preview release, the final release will be mouth watering, thanks Planetside team great work!!  ;D
I am also amazed by our community, from staff to the newest user, cant believe how fast questions get response, and help its always offered Terragen seems to bring together great people. ;)

buzzzzz

I'll Echo That Ed! Great pic BTW!

monks

BPauba

Cheers to that one Ed. I have heard that I have fallen from the face of MSN! We need to get a little chat going ;). Great image by the way, i didnt have the chance to tell you that when i saw it the first time!

edlo

Quote from: BPauba on January 05, 2007, 11:03:11 AM
Cheers to that one Ed. I have heard that I have fallen from the face of MSN! We need to get a little chat going ;). Great image by the way, i didnt have the chance to tell you that when i saw it the first time!

What you cant connect to MSN?? well somebody is in there with your acc ???

hatter

I agree with your sentiments entirely. TG2 is amazing and great fun  ;D . Here's one of my best creations so far - ho ethe attachment works as it's my first attempt !

BPauba

Quote from: edlo on January 05, 2007, 11:12:28 AM
Quote from: BPauba on January 05, 2007, 11:03:11 AM

What you cant connect to MSN?? well somebody is in there with your acc ???

Send me a message, I cannot see you!

Nice image hatter, I have trouble with render times with that sort of POV.

hatter

Long render times - yeah you and me both ! That took about 2.5 hours but I just set it off running in the background and get on with something else. I've seen 19 hours somewhere on this forum - unbelievable but worth it when you get such great images in the end !

rcallicotte

edlo, I agree.  This is one of the best communities ever.  And nice pic!

hatter - great pic!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

BPauba

Quote from: hatter on January 05, 2007, 11:52:19 AM
Long render times - yeah you and me both ! That took about 2.5 hours but I just set it off running in the background and get on with something else. I've seen 19 hours somewhere on this forum - unbelievable but worth it when you get such great images in the end !

I have had 30 hour pre render times! That was seriously 1/16th of the image. I cant even image how long the full render would have taken! And i have a decent render system...

rcallicotte

16th of which image? 

Quote from: BPauba on January 05, 2007, 12:45:36 PM

I have had 30 hour pre render times! That was seriously 1/16th of the image. I cant even image how long the full render would have taken! And i have a decent render system...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

ProjectX

that's a really cool pic, how did you do that?

It looks sorta like solidified molten lava flows

3DGuy

My guess is that you turned up the quality settings a tad too much :D

edlo

Quote from: ProjectX on January 05, 2007, 01:26:59 PM
that's a really cool pic, how did you do that?

It looks sorta like solidified molten lava flows

Displaced the hell out of the mountain tops with a couple of shaders :)

BPauba

Quote from: 3DGuy on January 05, 2007, 01:29:42 PM

My guess is that you turned up the quality settings a tad too much :D
That was my conclusion as well!