A new WIP

Started by mrwho, February 20, 2008, 01:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrwho

I'll revisit the hurricane image soon, probably an update tonight, but this is what I've also been working on. It started out as a daytime desert image, but it didn't last for long :P I like how it looks so far, but I want to change the sun on the lower-left side, it just looks too strong. I'm going to change the sun on the right, make it larger and possibly add a planet. Any other thoughts???

P.S. The cactus will most likely move, in order to be better illuminated.

darthvader

I like where the cactus is, if you want to illuminate it just put a low power light source above the camera so you can see the detail on the cactus without the light affecting the whole scene

mrwho

I had thought about that too, I'll try adding a light first, and if it doesn't look right I can always try moving it. I wonder if I could get rays on the right side of the image, that'd be cool

zionner

Nice effect you have here,

I agree that adding a low level light source to show detail on that cactus would be nice.

one thing: I'm not sure what It is but your sand effect looks quite artifical to me. Still good though ;)

Thanks
Zionner

rcallicotte

Agree with everyone here.  Smo-o-o-o-oth drawing.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Virex

Verry nice. I would try experimenting with a few power fractals with very low contrasts to make the sand a bit less bland. Don't know if it'll work though.

mrwho

yeah, the camera might be a bit far away for power fractals to make any bumpy difference, but color change wouldn't be a bad idea. Thanks

monks

Wow, fabulously moody sky- Scheherezade.- one of the best I've ever seen in TG-

monks

sjefen

Your sky is very nice, but I do miss some details on the ground.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

mrwho

wow, thanks monk. I didn't think it was that good :P   I'm working on some slight ground details, maybe some more plants. Any ideas?

Virex

I don't know about plants. Plants in the midle of the desert are a bit out of place. If anything, they'd have to be the tough kinds.

monks

I think the plant is possibly placed wrongly- I think you either want it to be a little further away, smaller and completely black, or closer to the camera, with some fine details just visible in the moonlight.
I don't think any more plants would add to the pic. It's almost as if the plant is looking out into the vast sea of sand- like the camera.

monks

mrwho

been busy, but here's a low quality render of the cactus with better lighting, which might be just a little too much light on it, but not by much. Also working on getting rays in the image, but they have to be just right or it won't work. I'd love to have them on the right side only, but I don't think it's possible without doing a render with and without rays, then compositing them in Photoshop. I've also done a little bit of work on the sand, it's more varied now in it's appearance as far as the colors go. Also, what about some stars??

mrwho

small update, but I forgot to enable the cactus when I rendered :P I added some stars, and I've been trying to get rays on there, just from the right sun, but I can't seem to get them to show up. Probably just add them on in Photoshop when the final render is complete. Any idea on why the sun isn't round?? I rendered at .7 detail, so I'm not sure why it's not quite right