Abandoned Cottage **FINAL**

Started by dhavalmistry, February 23, 2008, 12:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I think this idea could work very well for distant fields....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

Yep.  I'd like a better grass object, though.  Something more realistic...brown mix, perhaps.  I could change the TIF in the shader for the object...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mr_Lamppost

The textures on the collage look much better. 

If you had stayed with the patchy grass I would have said add sparse daisies or clover in clumps/patches.  I doubt either of these would work with your revised grass, there is some taller feathery grass around somewhere that would work well.  I remember seeing it ages ago but didn't download it and I can't now remember where it was.  Stinging nettles around the base of the cottage and in the shade under the trees on the right would be nice.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

darthvader

I love it, I do think the ground could use some minor displacement, but beyond that its sweet ;D

dhavalmistry

just a little render update...

its taking a bit longer then I thought...

still some flaws like grass looks worse then before...I think

the stinger needle is just for testing and obviously I messed up the textures...

added the mountain in the background although it would work better if there was some kinda implied scale with the mountain to show that its really far and huge!....

dhavalmistry

ok...

getting close to final....

gastar

its a beautiful image.... great work

Gastar
current: AMD 4200+, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB, Geforce 7950 GX2
2010:    AMD Quadcore 3 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, more Space, ...
2015:    256 Core CPU, 16 GB RAM, more then 20 Terrabyte and a 64Bit Terragen Verison...

dhavalmistry

rcallicotte

I like everything about this, except the ground isn't real yet (I'm sure you know that) and I think the light is too stark.  Not sure what could be done about that or if you want to do anything with the lighting.  Are you using soft lighting?

dhavalmistry

Quote from: calico on March 01, 2008, 01:33:35 PM
I like everything about this, except the ground isn't real yet (I'm sure you know that) and I think the light is too stark.  Not sure what could be done about that or if you want to do anything with the lighting.  Are you using soft lighting?

yes I am aware about the ground....and I dont know what u mean by light being "stark" and yes I am using soft shadows (lighting)

ozijon

coming along great keep it up
mite just need a bit more haze thow so the moutain
looks further away
John

rcallicotte

It looks too short on the range of grey values.  The areas of contrast have large short steps.  That is what I mean by stark.  This could be fixed by soft lighting, but you might be using strong contrast or lowered gamma or you might look into what Matt said about using Soft Clip Effect - http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=2290.msg23827#msg23827  How this relates to your picture might be the white mountain in the background and how the foreground (the house, etc.) needs to compensate for the mountain's brightness.

dhavalmistry

no where near complete but change some things around...

rcallicotte

Like it from about 2/3's of the way down all the way up.  Like the changes.  Any lighting changes?

old_blaggard

This version really looks like a painting to me - which isn't a bad thing at all ;).  If you want to go the photorealistic look, try adding more variation to the ground cover as well as working on your textures for the mountain - they almost look like painted strokes right now. 
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.