Tiling problem anyone ??

Started by firesuite, February 24, 2008, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firesuite

Anyone know how i can get rid of what appears to be tiling in this image with a fractal displacement. Ive randomised all the variable many times but maybe im missing something here, apologies if this has been asked before.

Thanks

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

firesuite

No image shaders. purely fractal based shading, thats what perplexes me  :-\

Oshyan

This is a known issue which I believe occurs with very small displacement scales. I'm not sure if there's a sure-fire way to fix it aside from changing potentially significant values in the relevant Power Fractal. I'm also unsure whether a bug fix exists or is possible for this. I'll try to get more info though.

- Oshyan

firesuite

Thanks Mr O.

My displacement settings are as follows -

feature scale -1
Lead in - 10
smallest - .01

everything else in the Power fractal shader v3 01 is left as standard, Are these values too small for this type of thing. Im trying to get the nice fine dirt look. Is there a general Size people go down to for dirt/dust ?

Graham

Oshyan

That doesn't seem like it should be too small. It may simply be in the ratios, I'm honestly not sure.

Adjusting detail levels may also affect and/or improve it. You might try playing with different values for Detail Blending...

- Oshyan

firesuite

Well ive tried adjusting the detail levels and no change but if run the render at 1 and the AA at 12 its still there, havent treid the detail blending though so will try that one out, thing is it can be seen in the preview window as well once its finished

Volker Harun

I had those tilings, too ... you can minimize them by using different 'odd'-numbers:
Feature Scale: 1.3
Lead in: 11
smallest: 0.0095

Volker