Load part of a configuration file into another

Started by Superza, January 04, 2007, 09:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superza

Hi All! nice to meet you.

I was humbling if there is a simple way copy part of a configuration file into another one (for example copy the clouds of a tgd file into another one)

I noticed that the .tgd files are formatted text so i presume, that it  will be possible copying the section  of interest, from a file to another one

Should be a simpler way to do this?

Best Regards
Max

Njen

You can save nodes or groups of nodes as clip files that you can import into other TG2 files (right click in the node view).

Cheers.

ton

Quote from: Superza on January 04, 2007, 09:38:16 AM
Hi All! nice to meet you.

I was humbling if there is a simple way copy part of a configuration file into another one (for example copy the clouds of a tgd file into another one)

I noticed that the .tgd files are formatted text so i presume, that it  will be possible copying the section  of interest, from a file to another one

Should be a simpler way to do this?

Best Regards
Max
Select the nodes you need and copy - paste . ..

Superza

rcallicotte

Does anyone know if when saving the clip files if the order we select the nodes in matters?  I've imported clip files only to find sometimes the files go in backwards.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

rcallicotte

;D  How did I do that?   :P

It was an atmosphere and cumulus clouds.  I deleted the default atmosphere and then imported the clip file, which included an atmosphere and cumulus clouds.  The clouds were first (on top) and the atmosphere was underneath.  I exited and restarted, then it was fine.  Magic!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Could be a bug in the import routines. We'll take a look at it.

- Oshyan