Dust Storms *Final #2*

Started by nvseal, February 23, 2008, 10:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

Quote from: Oshyan on February 27, 2008, 12:56:27 AM
Excellent results on the dust storms! The asteriods are cool, but a bit spiky and distracting. I'd love to see an animated dive to the planet and into a dust storm...

- Oshyan

I was thinking of something similar in terms of an animation. I might take another look at the asteroids and make them look less spiky. I might also make the storms a little bigger.
BTW, Oshyan, can you tell me if planet population will work in the next update.

@darthvader - I played with this file before I made this render and just couldn't get the asteroids to look as nice as these from this close up so I decided against it.

rcallicotte

nvseal - any chance we can sometime get a small tutorial on how you created your dust storms?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

nvseal

Quote from: calico on February 27, 2008, 02:23:07 PM
nvseal - any chance we can sometime get a small tutorial on how you created your dust storms?

Sure, I'll try to get something out later.

rcallicotte

No hurry or pressure.  It's something I think would be fantastic to know and this means I'm willing to wait until you can take time. 

Oshyan

I don't know what the problem may be with planet populations (though of course I do know there's a problem), so I can't say if it'll be fixed for the beta or final. Of course populating entire planets would also be pretty demanding on render time even if it did work...

- Oshyan

nvseal

Final version number 2  ;D. I'm thinking about calling this one Geonosis instead  ;). A little more cover with the storms and some less spiky asteroids (although there are still some small spikes on the one towards the top, center -- a well). Calico, sorry about not getting the info about the storms out last night. I had to finish a programming assignment and prepare for a calculus quiz this morning. I've got quite a bit of homework to do today as well so I'll just post the tgc.

Seth

dhavalmistry

yes the asteroids are good...but I still think they are distracting the view of the planet!....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

moodflow

Looking great. 

I think the planet could use some more (though subtle) detail variation, or maybe a subtle change in large scale variation.  The actual surface detail is a bit too regular.  The dust storms look really good.

I'll go either way on the asteroids, though if they are to stay, I think they'd look better with some cratering - but we all know that is a job.

Keep it up man!  I've still got your coriolis image up on my work desktop.  Everyone thinks its a space shuttle photo,  8)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Oshyan

The dust storms are really superb. :)

- Oshyan

Tangled-Universe

Agree with Oshyan, those dust storms look really great!
I also agree with Dhaval about the asteroids...they look pretty nice but a few less asteroids would be better....they're a bit distracting to my opinion as well.

It would be cool to see an image similar to this, below here... ;D

rcallicotte

TU, what is this?  It reminds me of pictures I've seen where the water from a river is pouring into the ocean due to loose sediment.

Marcos Silveira

It reminds me an old song, it's one of its verses:
"I'm the wind that blows the sands of the sahara over the automobils of Rome"  :D
This dust storm is going from Africa to the Atlantic Ocean, one trained eye can see the Iberic penninsula right in the top.