Wild Territory

Started by rcallicotte, March 04, 2008, 12:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Playing with displacements.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

Very interesting POV, great sense of depth. Nice terrain and displacements, good work on that. The surfaces could use some work though.
Are you going to work further on this image?

Martin

rcallicotte

Yes, I plan to work on it further.  Someday.  Thanks for your comments.  As far as what needs to be done, I think I would need more texturing.  Is that what you were thinking?

I'm playing with clouds, for now.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: calico on March 04, 2008, 03:02:54 PM
Yes, I plan to work on it further.  Someday.  Thanks for your comments.  As far as what needs to be done, I think I would need more texturing.  Is that what you were thinking?

Yes it needs more texturing, but I mean texturing as in using PF's etc.
It looks like you've been using image maps since I see many rectangular shapes etc.?

moodflow

Nice work.  I can see some potential here, though it could use some more texturing and color variance (which I think we all could use both in our images and mental states).

http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rcallicotte

No image maps.   ;D

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on March 04, 2008, 03:13:16 PM
Quote from: calico on March 04, 2008, 03:02:54 PM

Yes it needs more texturing, but I mean texturing as in using PF's etc.
It looks like you've been using image maps since I see many rectangular shapes etc.?

rcallicotte

LOL  Yes.  In both.

Thanks for the comments.  I think I almost have the terrain in the shape I want, but not quite.  I might readjust and go looking for another point of view, followed by some texturing.

Quote from: moodflow on March 04, 2008, 03:40:30 PM
Nice work.  I can see some potential here, though it could use some more texturing and color variance (which I think we all could use both in our images and mental states).

moodflow

Another POV may help.  Its all about putting in the time of course.  I've spent ages on images.  Luckily, I've enjoyed 80% of it.   ::)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Harvey Birdman

What's the object on the ground out beyond the hills?

dhavalmistry

I think the reason this POV isnt working is because foreground is taking up most of the image and to make this POV work....you need to make foreground more interesting...maybe add some fine details or a tree may be....

I like where this is going tho!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

It's that obelisk.  I upped the texture on it and glow, but it's too far from here to notice.

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on March 04, 2008, 04:34:15 PM
What's the object on the ground out beyond the hills?

Tangled-Universe

Do you mind if I take a look at the TGD Calico?
I see great potential in this image and p.o.v. :)
Thanks in advance!

Martin

rcallicotte

You'll need the obelisk object (here and on Ashundar).  Also, I did not include the image mask for a path I was working on and didn't bring to fruition.  And...I misspoke about the image map.  There is one.  Dang it.  But, anyway, it's still a pretty nifty setup, if you want to work with it.

When you open the file in TG2, change the Renderer to Quick Render to change the camera.  Otherwise you're looking through the path mask camera.

Tangled-Universe

Thanks Calico, very kind :)
See there was an image map ;) lol ;D
I'll start playing with it right away!

Martin

Tangled-Universe

I almost don't dare to ask, but it seems I'm missing the terrain file? ;D